Det eminente og enormt vanskelige plattformspillet Super Meat Boy har en stor oppdatering i vente, der en banedesigner, nettportal til å hente andres baner og verdenen Super Meat World vil bli tilgjengeliggjort til PC-versjonen.
Nyheten stammer fra IGN, som har fått detaljene rett fra Team Meat. Noen av tilføyelsene vil komme eksklusivt til PC, men den fulle beskrivelsen nevner også Xbox Live-utgaven.
A fully supported Super Meat Boy level editor.
- Players will be able to create anything they have seen level wise ingame (minus bosses)
- Players will be able to lock levels so they are only playable with specific characters.
- When a player completes his level (validating its possible to beat) he will gain the option to upload it to the level portal.
An online level Portal.
- Players will have the ability to sort and play user made levels by date, difficulty and over all fun.
- Difficulty is internally calculated by the number of times users die before completing the level.
- Over all fun is calculated by users voting 1-5 stars on level completion.
This update will also include the addition of "Super Meat World" a chapter that will unlock with 30 bandages and appear on the over world map before the 1st chapter of the main game.
- Super Meat World will act as a Hub for full chapters hand picked by Team Meat.
- All chapters uploaded to Xbla after this update will be featured here.
- Select chapters will also be uploaded to Xblas "internets" chapter as well.
- Many selected chapters will be character specific and created by designers like Matt Thorson (jumper / give up robot), Gaijin Games (bit.trip series), Michael "Kayin" O'Reilly (I wanna be the guy) and many more.
But! by far the coolest aspect of Super Meat World is your ability to "Enter the Unknown".
Enter the unknown is a PC specific feature that grabs random user made levels from the level portal and arranges them in order of difficulty.
- When Players enter the unknown they will choose what difficulty they want to play.
- The unknown will only feature levels ranked 3+ on over all fun factor.
- Every time you play will be a totally new set of levels, endless content.