Ubisoft has revealed some changes coming to the Pro League for Rainbow Six: Siege ahead of the new season starting on June 17, including tweaks to the schedule split as follows:
• Europe: Monday and Friday - starting at 5:30 PM CET
• North America: Monday and Wednesday - starting at 7:30 PM EDT
• Latin America: Wednesday starting at 1:30 PM BRT and Friday starting at 7:30 PM BRT
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Pro League will still be on Wednesday and Thursday evenings though, with the following times:
• Japan starting time: 9 PM JST
• Australia-New Zealand: 7 PM AEST
• South Korea: 8 PM KST
• Southeast Asia : 7 PM UTC+8
As for the map pool, Oregon will be removed while the reworked Kafe map comes in, joining Bank, Clubhouse, Consulate, Border, Coastline, and Villa.
Auto-relegation has been removed as well, alongside Challenge League playoffs between the top four teams. Instead, there will be relegation matches straight away, with first place in the Challenge League facing eighth place in the Pro League, with second in the Challenger League taking on the Pro League's seventh place. All of this will be a single elimination best-of-three format.
The total prize pool for this season will be $626,000 USD, including the playoffs, and Mozzie and Gridlock will be joining the operator pool. What's more is we can also expect Lion to return after plenty of feedback and changes.
"At this point in time the team is confident that Lion will not have the same degree of impact that he had in the past while remaining a viable pick and will be monitoring his use and affect on competition and is ready to react to any significant issues that his re-introduction into the ecosystem might pose."
Just as a reminder, here are the changes made to Lion:
• Replaced the scan outline by a red ping debuff
• Reduced the ability warning from 3 to 1.5 seconds
• Reduced the scanning from 4 to 2 seconds
• Reduced the ability cool-down from 27 to 15 seconds
• Increased the number of charges from 2 to 3
Are you happy with the changes?
Loading next content